Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. Don’t be. You’ve got a team of experts by your side-The Connections Team. Our job, as your real estate agents, is to ensure you get the home you want and at a price that works for you.
The first step is preparing the Offer. This is the document we present to the seller that basically states the price you’re offering, as well as any conditions that you have up front.
The price we offer is critical to the process. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously, however, you don’t want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home.
That’s where The Connections Team is a valuable resource to you. We know how to prepare a winning offer and get you the property at the lowest possible price. In fact, we look after your interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- We will recommend a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. However, we may suggest a condition, such as passing a professional home inspection, be included for your protection.
- We will prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller and his or her real estate agent personally.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, we will work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- We will communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with our team.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, we will help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the deal. Then, the home is yours. Congratulations!
We realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting real estate agents who, like us, put clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an expert on your side… someone who knows how to get that home for you.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call or email us.